Air filtration systems are one of the most important features of your home HVAC system and one of the most under appreciated systems.
Today’s homes are better insulated tightly sealed and use less energy. We have built our homes to keep fresh air out. However, sealing your home seals in humidity, dust and indoor pollutants. Many studies have shown the quality of air inside your home is usually more polluted then outdoors, up to 50 times more. Not only can dirty air make you less comfortable, it can create a serious problem for family members who suffer from asthma and other allergies.
- Most homes naturally generate about 40lbs of dust per year for every 1500 square feet of space.
- One ounce of dust can hold about 40,000 dust mites, one of the most common household allergens.
- Indoor pollutants can be 5 times higher then outdoor pollutants.
- Allergy and asthma cases have grown exponentially, causing significant healthcare cost increases.
- 54% of single family homes with children have one person with respiratory ailment.
- Children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight then adults, so they are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
Evidence from community studies link particulate expose to premature death, increased hospitalization, school absence and lost work days due to repository and cardiovascular diseases like asthma. People most at risk are children, the elderly and people with chronic respiratory problems. The most harmful contaminants in our homes are airborne particulates that are invisible to the naked eye.
1 inch air filters that most systems are equipped with are designed primarily to keep large particles from damaging the equipment.
5 Inch pleated whole-house media air cleaner we offer standard in all systems are:
- Superior Performance – Up to 4 times more effective and is up to 85% more efficient at capturing airborne particles compared to a standard one-inch filter
- Highly Effective – Captures both microscopic particles like dust and smoke in addition to larger contaminants such as mold spores and pet dander
- Replace Less Often – Lasts up to four times longer than a standard one-inch furnace filter. Replace every 6-12 months versus monthly or quarterly changes
Electrostatic Filtration System – Accuclean by American Standard
- 100 times more efficient then the 1 inch filters.
- 8 times more efficient then the best Hepa filter room appliance
We can evaluate, design and install a filtration system that best meets your needs.